Demand for Mobile testing is surging day-by-day and “the market of Mobile Applications is projected to reach $407.31 billion by 2026” from a report titled Mobile Application Market published by Allied Market Research. Then, QA teams will have to find suitable mobile testing tools for them. According to the percentage of the budget, this article lists out 5 mobile testing tools that you could apply.
As one of the most-searched mobile app testing tools, Appium has long been the top software in the mobile testing industry.
- Appium is a free, open-source mobile testing tool that supports a wide range of languages, test frameworks, and OS.
- It offers various integrations with third-party tools, enabling cross-platform testing using the same API, and tests re-usability between iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Support all kinds of apps with no modification required, making it among the most robust and flexible mobile testing tools.
In conjunction with its advanced features, Appium requires extensive coding experience to create tests, which can be problematic when users require training before use. There’s no official support but rather a community of users sharing information.
Utilizing the robust Appium and Selenium frameworks as its foundation, Katalon Studio is an all-in-one testing solution for companies and teams at any scale. It offers codeless testing for all testing needs (Mobile, Web, Desktop, and API testing). Also, Katalon reduces the steep learning curves of Appium and Selenium. For mobile testing specifically, Katalon supports iOS and Android testing platforms and extends other OSs like Windows and Linux.
- Supports most testing capabilities offered by Appium, but easier: simple setup; effortless test script creation using keywords, images, objects; test execution locally and remotely on real devices, simulators or custom cloud-based devices, and flexible test reusability across mobile platforms, API, and Web.
- Comprehensive documents, tutorials, and official support from both the Katalon teams and the community.
- Offers powerful utilities to accelerate the automation process: Mobile Object Spy to quickly populate the project’s object repository and Mobile Recorder to generate automation scripts from recorded actions with built-in modifications and actions when recording tests.
- Integration with all the commonly used third-party tools (Jira, Git, Jenkins, etc.) and mobile platforms (Sauces Lab, Lambda Test, etc. )
Price: Free — $759 per year
Ranorex automates tests on a Windows desktop, and then execute them locally or remotely, on real iOS or Android mobile devices or on simulators/emulators. This is the right choice for beginners with a codeless interface, powerful automation experts with a full IDE, and helpful wizards.
- Support limited languages but does offer powerful integration.
- Support iOS and Android testing, including native mobile apps and mobile web apps with detailed summary reports.
- Run cross-device tests in parallel or use Appium WebDriver for mobile web tests.
Price: From €2,290
Perfecto is a cloud-based testing software that supports mobile and web testing. Although the speed on mobile testing is reported to be relatively slower than the web. With this tool, you can boost test coverage for fewer escaped defects while accelerating testing. Perfecto belongs to Perforce Software, Inc and is recognized as Strong Performer in 2020 Forrester Wave™.
- Support real user simulators and large-scale remote testing.
- Wide availability of framework and testing platform integrations.
- Extensive test failure analysis with dashboard and detailed artifacts (images, videos, crash logs, vitals, etc).
Price: From $3,600 per year
TestComplete is a powerful automated GUI testing tool for mobile, web, and desktop applications. With this tool, you can create accurate and repeatable automated tests across multiple devices, platforms, and environments quickly and easily – whether you are a complete beginner or an experienced automation engineer.
- TestComplete has a lot of functionality to integrate with different software types web-based, desktop-based, etc.
- For mobile app testing, TestComplete allows testing on both native and hybrid mobile apps on emulators, real devices, or virtual machines.
- User-friendly UI with supportive documents and customer services.
- SmartBear forum provides great support on questions and issues.
Price: From $5,803 per year
- ‹ Best way to locate Object in Web UI Automation with Katalon Studio
- API Testing: Which tool is the best? ›